Friday, February 6, 2009

Anna Diego

Anna is obsessed with Diego on nickjr.com. For the uninitiated, Diego is a kid that goes on animal rescue missions. Today Anna decided that she wanted to go on an animal rescue mission, and she wanted to go far away all by herself. That was the most important part. Obligingly I stuck a toy horse under a plastic box outside in our backyard. Anna packed for her mission all by herself in a FoodMaxx shopping bag. Here is her packing list:

1. Map (drawn by me, requested by Anna) showing where in the backyard the horse was.
2. A complete change of clothes (including shoes) "in case I have an accident"
3. One band-aid "in case the horse has an ouchie"
4. One ziplock bag containing one cheerio and one Ritz cracker "in case I need a snack"
5. One water bottle
6. One empty ziplock bag to carry the horse back
7. One styrofoam stick for hitting bad guys.

Her adventure lasted about two and a half minutes. Most of that time was spent putting the band aid on the horse (I watched through the window.) She did not have an accident and didn't need a snack. But it's good to be prepared.





3 comments:

Terrill said...

You're just rubbing it in with your photo of a snow-free backyard and a child outside with bare legs!

jennybhill said...

This sounds like just the beginning of rescue missions...do I sense a Anna Diego video coming soon?

It is fun to get some glimpses of your new place!

Carma said...

LOL!! That is very cute.