A couple Anna stories:
Anna and I were reading the new National Geographic together yesterday. There was an article about wildfires in Southern California, with closeups of flames devouring trees and houses. Not wanting Anna to be alarmed (and to teach a little ecology) , I explained that fires are actually good for forests because it helps them to get clean so new things can grow. Anna thought about this then asked very seriously, "Can we make the trees in our yard on fire? It's good for them?" I tried very hard not to laugh and then to convince her that we might not want to have a big fire close to our apartment. She didn't seem convinced. So, if our apartment building burns down soon, I guess we'll know who the culprit is.
Anna's favorite part of Joy School (I think it was all the kids' favorite part) was "free play time." A few weeks ago we had the Relief Society recipe exchange at our house. Six or seven women were sitting around sampling the recipes and talking. Anna watched this for a minute and then said "Oh mommy, are you going to have free play time?" I guess she thought we were having school and she felt sorry for me because it looked boring. In actuality, I think that was my free play time that day.
10 years ago

3 comments:
Anna is so thoughtful- wanting what is good for the trees and wanting you to have fun. Cute stories!
These stories were so cute. I especially liked the smokey the bear story.
Post a Comment