Tonight we were returning home and she wanted to know how long it would take. I told her my guess was that we would return at 8:04pm (I was off by two minutes because of a wrong turn) and I asked her what she guessed. She thought for a minute and replied, "I think our house is 80 pounds far".
She probably gets this number obsession from Dan. Recently, Gail told me that when Dan was in elementary school and learning how to write stories she told him that the details make the story and he should add in more details. So his next story was: "The boy walked five steps to the diving board. He climbed the ladder which had 10 rungs. That took 12 seconds. Then he took seven steps on the board and jumped three times. He jumped 2 feet in the air. Then he jumped off and it took 3 seconds to hit the water..."

No comments:
Post a Comment