Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Vistors, Visits and Pumpkins


My sister Kristen visited last week - here she is with the girls at the Jungle. Rachel loved this ball pit once she got used to it. Kristen and I took turns taking Anna up in the tunnel play structure. The morning Kristen left Anna starting crying because she was so sad, yet when I went to Utah for 3 days she didn't mind at all. Hmm. I guess not everyone is as cool as Aunt Dee-Dee!





This past weekend I went to visit my friend Carrie in SLC. Her gorgeous condo is just a block from Temple Square. Here we are at the top of the tram ride at Snowbird Ski Resort. By the way, this is the resort where we had the groom's dinner the night before our wedding.



We carved pumpkins tonight. Anna insisted on doing the carving herself which is why her pumpkin design consists of several small pokes which don't show up in the picture (I think she was trying to make an elephant) and one large hole I made for her so she could see her candle inside. Mine is the cat and Dan's is the bat.

3 comments:

esmiley said...

Your pumpkins look fabulous! We were supposed to carve ours tonight...but ran out of time. (Kevin and I have a long-standing tradition of putting off carving pumpkins until the last minute, or often even AFTER Halloween...so we're trying to keep that family tradition alive!)

jennybhill said...

Those pumpkins really do look great -- I like the animal theme :) Glad you all had a fun time with Kristen!

Carma said...

ok, here's a parallel story for you: when I was in Alexandria for one night last week, Nico woke up the next morning and asked Greg where I was. When greg reminded him I was working in another city where Auntie em lives nico started crying and said I want to see auntie em.