Anna has been a thinking a lot about heaven lately. Last week Anna asked when her bike will die. I tried to explain that bikes don't really die, but when she gets too big for this bike she'll get a new one. She was quiet for a while and then explained that she wanted to ride her bike in heaven, so that's why she wants it to die, so it could go to heaven too. She wanted to know if there are sidewalks in heaven to ride on or just roads? I promised her that she wants to ride a bike in heaven she will be able to, which seemed to satisfy her.
Today we were playing outside and one of Anna's very favorite red croc sandals broke. She wanted to know if it was fixable, and I said probably not. She went and washed it off in the sink and then brought it back to me.
"Mommy, I'm going to hold this when I die and then I get to heaven I will ask Jesus to fix it for me. Is that okay? I will say 'Jesus, will you fix it for me?' and then Jesus will say 'Did you wear it every day for a long time?' and I will say 'Yes' and he will say 'Okay, Anna, I'll fix it for you'."
10 years ago

4 comments:
How sweet! I hope it wasn't too irreverent that I started laughing really hard when I read what she said. I love that Anna thinks about things like that.
How sweet and funny. I love it!
That's very sweet and funny. Can't wait to see her (and you and Rachel and DAn!)
One of those special moments... what a sweetheart!
Post a Comment