Well, as you all probably already know, we're having a boy. I did in fact make my final guess correctly whilst walking into the medical building, so I am now 3 for 3. Anna was very excited and kept saying while we left the ultrasound clinic "I'm so glad it's a boy!" to the amusement of those around us. Anna also has had fun helping tell people and got to tell several of her aunts and uncles on the phone. We're still thinking of the name Owen, (which has been picked out since I first got pregnant with Anna) but are entertaining other possibilities as well.
In other news, my morning sickness has somewhat abated and I have more energy that I did the first trimester. I better make the most of it while it lasts! My big project: get caught up on all the baby books, photo albums, etc before "Bobby" arrives.
n.b. We always pick fetal names for our kids. Anna was "Suzie," the baby we lost was "Sammy" as in Uncle Sam since he was due near the 4th of July, Rachel was "Tommy" (turned to "Tammy" when we found out she was a girl) because of the proximity to Thanksgiving (Tom the Turkey), and this one is "Bobby" (originally "Blobby" which Dan still calls him.) That way, we have something to call them before we've settled on a real name.
10 years ago

4 comments:
I'm excited you are having a boy! I think the name Owen is cute:)
Congratulations! That's awesome!!
I took Nico to "monsters vs. aliens" and one of the monsters is named "B.O.B." (stands for something) but basically looks like a Blob. I kept thinking of you and your bobby/blobby.
I think it is cute that you name your unborn child something different than what he will eventually be named. I have another friend who does that, but they use names like 'squirt' and 'snuggles.' It just gives the older kids an easy way to refer to the baby. :o)
Congrats!
Post a Comment