OK, I know I "owe" a lot more blogs, but I am still planning to go back and do those blogs soon.
Tonight Anna really wanted to play chess. Not Sorry, not Candyland, just chess. This probably is because she saw Dan playing with his brother Chris and thought it looked fun.
I played the first game with her and explained how the pieces move. She was doing well until I captured her bishop (which she sometimes calls the prophet by accident). "Nooooo! Now he can't teach people the gospel if he's dead!" So I told her that the bishop could teach her pawns that were captured instead, so she set them all up around the bishop to listen. Now Dan's playing a game with Anna.

2 comments:
I think Anna really graps the deeper meaning of chess that most people miss. :)
Yes, Kristen, she has certainly given me a new perspective :)
That is a great story.
Post a Comment