Dan and I went on a cruise on Carnival to Ensenada Mexico and Catalina Island off the coast of California. (That was the plan - we didn't actually go to Mexico because of the swine flu.) Thanks so much to mom and Kristen for coming out to watch the girls! It was our 5 year anniversary celebration and the much needed trip alone before the baby comes. We went kayaking in Catalina which was really fun. Dan won first place in the bean bag toss onboard and got an awesome trophy. We played lots of board games, ate good food, and went to an art auction. Altogether a relaxing and fun trip. On the drive home we went to the Hearst mansion in San Luis Obispo. It was so cool! We had a great tour guide and it was easy to imagine what life would have been like there in the 20s.
10 years ago

4 comments:
You have such cute toes!
That picture of triumphant Dan is great. I can just see the trophy-envy on the face of the beanbag-bag-holder.
Did you like Carnival? I am planning a cruise for Richard and I (for 2011, but still), and I have heard conflicting reports about Carnival.
We liked it fine. The food was not as good as Royal Caribbean (the only other cruise line I've been on), but for the price it was still a great deal. We did make sure not to go during spring break times, which I think would be a pretty crazy crowd.
Great memories....I'll come out for your 10 year anniversary if you want to go somewhere fun!
Post a Comment