So Dan and I recently had a heated dispute regarding our various abilities to beat the other at Saint Petersburg (a board game) which resulted in a bet that I would be able to win at least 7 of our next 20 games. I would just like to keep everyone updated on the results so far:
Wins:
1. Oct 19 Dan won by 3
2. Oct 29 Michelle won by 12
3. Oct 30 Michelle won by 42
4. Nov 1 Michelle won by 9
5. Nov 1 Michelle won by 7
6. Nov 4 Michelle won by 20
7. Nov 4 Dan won by 3
8. Nov 5 Dan won by 27
9. Nov 5 Michelle won by 27
10. Nov 7 Dan won by 20
11. Nov 8 Dan won by 10
12. Nov 8 Michelle won by 6
total: Michelle 7 Dan 5
Yay! I'll be collecting my 10 cents now ...
Dan is a glutton for punishment. We made the same bet again. Here we go:
1. Nov 9 Michelle won by 4
2. Nov 15 Dan won by 3
3. Nov 16 Dan won by 2
4. Nov 19 Dan won by 18
5. Nov 28 Dan won by 32
6. Dec 1 Michelle won by 43
7. Dec 3 Michelle won by 1. Whew!
8. Dec 5 Michelle won by 5
9. Dec 6 Michelle won by 11
10. Dec 7 Dan won by 18
11. Dec 12 Dan won by 3
12. Dec 13 Michelle won by 29
13. Dec 14 Michelle won by 37
Final Results: Dan: 6 Michelle: 7
Yay!
10 years ago

8 comments:
It would seem that you opting for only 7/20 rather than an even 10/20 says something about your relative abilities.
Michelle, you're on a roll!
Yes Dad, Dan is better than me in general. I've had a run of good luck.
Hey -- only one more win to go! Will you stop at 7 wins or will you still play all 20?
you are alomst there!
You know you got dan beat, Michelle. He's worse at St Petersburg than chess.
14 wins seems more than run of good luck. Do you have very different strategies (like do you both place a large emphasis on getting 10 aristocrats)?
It would be fun, although perhaps humiliating, to play with you sometime!
You know, Kevin, we actually have very similar strategies. We rarely do anything the other disagrees with - maybe 2 choices a game for each of us. Dan tends to favor the observatories more than I do, while I am a big fan of the blue upgrades. We generally end up with 8 to 10 oranges, although we used to almost always get 10 or more. One rule we've changed is putting in the 4 position cards with the blue pile and treating them like markets (a separate strain of markets). It makes the game better for 2 players I think.
Post a Comment