Once upon a time there was a house. We first saw this house in August and decided to put an offer on it. Our real estate agent checked and found out no offers would be accepted until the following week. Alas, after only a few days had passed she found out that not only were they accepting offers on the house already, the house had in fact already sold, before it was even supposed to be open to offers. Oh well, we figured. We'll find another house someday.Our agent suggested that we put our offer on it anyway, just in case. So we did, without much expectation of getting it. On September 17th we found out that we got the house! We started packing and looking for a loan. We found a loan, but then with the financial crisis and lending crunch, our loan officer said we no longer qualified. We could have gotten a different loan, but the cost would have been a lot more. There were also some repairs we weren't so excited about paying for. So we backed out of the contract on October 1st and decided to just wait a while before looking again. Oh well, we figured. We'll find another house someday.
Well, since I'm addicted to ziprealty.com I couldn't help but looking at properties online every once in a while and on October 30th I noticed that our house was back on the market at a drastically reduced price. I called Dan and we put another offer on it within a few hours. But a week later we found out that the bank took another offer instead. Oh well, we figured. We'll find another house someday.
But then November 12th we got a call from our agent again - the other offer fell through. Did we still want the property? Sure! We put our offer back on and just found out today that we got it.
Yay! Hopefully this time it actually works :)

5 comments:
Wow! That home is quite the teaser. I hope all works out. Good luck!!!
Yeah, you have been through a lot to get this place. I'm excited for you!!
Hey, it's the house with the sink, right? Sounds perfect for you!
Are you sure you want it though? A house that plays hard to get is not really the most desirable thing, is it? I mean, what if after you move in, it starts trying to solicit more offers? I know I couldn't handle that kind of rejection.
You'll have a sink? Wow, I'm so jealous!
Post a Comment